Acupuncture is a form of alternative medicine that seeks to establish healthy equilibrium and function within the body. The integrative approach to Medicine in the U.S. has led to widespread acceptance of acupuncture for a variety of different diseases and conditions. Are you a candidate for acupuncture?
You may be a candidate for acupuncture if:
- You have tried other forms of treatments without success
- You wish to avoid side-effects commonly experienced with conventional medicine
- You prefer a holistic approach to treatment
- You suffer with chronic or recurrent health problems
- You are willing to make the associated lifestyle changes required to optimize the benefits of acupuncture treatment
The results several clinical studies have demonstrated the significant benefits of acupuncture in treatment of allergic rhinitis, biliary colic, epigastric pain, headache, low back pain, postoperative pain, neck pain, knee pain, sciatica, morning sickness, facial pain, sprains, depression, autoimmune conditions, fertility and a many other conditions.
Acupuncture treatment involves thin, sterile, stainless steel needles being gently inserted to specific acupuncture points on the skin to stimulate the self-healing mechanism of the body.
Besides the standard acupuncture treatment described above, the various other types of acupuncture offered by NewportCare Medical Group include:
- Electroacupuncture: It involves passing a small electric current between a pair of acupuncture needles to create a larger area of stimulation.
- Cupping: It is a very popular therapy made famous by many professional athletes to improve sports performance. It may help relieve musculoskeletal pain.
- Gua Sha: It involves repeated pressure strokes on lubricated skin with a smooth instrument. The process causes detoxification and promotes new blood circulation.
- Moxibustion: It involves burning a soft fluffy herb (mugwort) to warm up specific acupuncture points. The treatment is known to be effective in treatment of cold and for relieving pain.
Visit the acupuncture specialists at NewportCare Medical Center to discuss treatment options for your specific condition.
NewportCare Medical Group is a comprehensive specialty group located in Newport Beach, California specializing in advanced non-surgical and surgical treatments for a wide range of orthopedic conditions.