Every day countless people suffer unexpected orthopedic injuries. These injuries could range from simple aches and sprains to more complex fractures. When going to the emergency room for treatment, you may have to wait for quite a while before you see a doctor who will probably perform an X-ray, apply a splint to stabilize the injury, and then ask you to see an orthopedic surgeon as early as possible. The end result is you have to wait for several days or weeks before you get the specialist orthopedic care you need.
Here are some of the benefits of orthopedic urgent care:
- Specialized care: The main benefit of the orthopedic urgent care is you receive expert care from board certified or fellowship trained specialists. If an orthopedic surgeon is unavailable, a high-skilled and experienced physician’s assistant who knows how treat orthopedic injuries will provide care.
- No long waiting: If you decide to go to an emergency room to get your treatment, you may spend quite a while in the waiting room before you are seen by the doctor. This is understandable because the ER will first tend to more serious and life-threatening emergencies before treating your orthopedic injury.
- Affordable: The emergency room must be kept in a state of readiness whether the patient is coming in for a muscle sprain or for a stroke. Therefore, the cost of the less expensive procedures may have to be raised to offset the cost of more expensive procedures. You can get the same or better orthopedic treatment at an orthopedic urgent care at a more affordable cost.
- Up-to-date facilities: The orthopedic urgent care center has the specialized equipment to handle most orthopedic problems on the spot.
- Convenience: The Orthopedic urgent care offers you the option of availing comprehensive orthopedic care services all in one place.
If you have suffered a musculoskeletal injury that is preventing you from doing the things you enjoy, walk into the NewportCare Orthopedic Urgent Care Center for cost effective, high quality orthopedic care